Advanced Android Espresso
Do you test? It’s okay if you don’t - historically the tools had not been stellar. But they have gotten much better, and I am going to show you my favorite, instrumentation testing with Espresso.
In this talk you will learn:
- The basic structure of an Espresso test (Matcher, ViewAction, ViewAssertion)
- Combining matchers such as withParent, isAssignableFrom to pinpoint your view
- onData and RecyclerViewActions to test ListView and RecyclerView
- Custom ViewAction and ViewAssertion
- Using Dagger and Mockito to write repeatable tests
By the end of the talk you will be itching to write some tests yourself!